The bar chart below shows the percentage of Australian men and women in different age groups who did regular physical activity in 2010

The bar chart below shows the percentage of Australian men and women in different age groups who did regular physical activity in 2010.

The bar chart illustrates the proportion of genders from the age of 15 to above 65 who took regular part in excercises in Australia in the year 2010.

Overall, Both genders show opposite trends, males show a upward trend followed by a decrease. The opposite can be said for the women but their fall is more significant.

Over half of the total male young adults were seen taking regular part in physical activity. While this proportion show a systematic depletion through the ages of 35 to 44, about 40 percent. The remaining age groups again show increse matching the proportion of females in age group considered as old.

On the contrary females aged between 35 and 44 recorded highest percetage difference between males and females, around 15 percent. Similarly a slighty lower difference can be seen in 45 to 54 year olds but recording highest proportion of about 55 percent.