The chart below shows the changes that took place in three different areas of crime in Newport city center from 2003 2012

The chart below shows the changes that took place in three different areas of crime in Newport city center from 2003-2012.

The line graph illustrated the changing rates of burglary, car theft and robbery in the center of city in Newport between 2003 and 2012.

Overall, as can be seen from the graph that the figure for burglary showed a downward trend while there was a fluctuation in other two modes throughout the period and the most spreaded crime was burglary in 2004.

In the first year, the contribution of burglary stood at approximately 3500, then it witnessed a noticeable rise of about 250 before decreasing significantly to around 1100 in 2008 which was followed by a slight increase to roughly 1400 in 2012.

The figure for car theft was initially almost higher than that for robbery (around 2800). However,while the former remained the same before falling remarkably in 2006 and fluctuated till 2012 after which it outstripped burglary in 2007, the latter was,at first, around 600 and it experienced fluctuation over the period.