The bar chart illustrates the changes in the proportion of families owning and renting accommodation in England and Wales over the course of 93 years starting in 1918.
Looking at the graph, it is immediately obvious that the figure for households in owned accommodation witnessed an upward trend, while the proportion of renting accommodation was recorded a downwards throughout the period.
At the beginning of the period, the percentage of households in owned accommodation was registered roughly 22%. This figure increased dramatically to about nearly 70% between 1918 and 2001 before slightly dropping to approximately 65% by the end of the period.
In 1918, the household rates in rented accommodation registered in shy of 80%. However, this figure was experienced a progressive decline to only 32% from 1918 to 2001 before rising to about 36% by 2011.
Noticeably, the figures for households in rented and owned accommodation both exactly stood at 50% in 1971
- The graph below shows the consumption of fish and different kinds of meat in a European country between 1979 and 2004 Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features and make comparisons where relevant
- the table below gives information about consumer spending on different items in five different countries in 2002 78
- Some people think that universities should provide graduates with the knowledge and skills needed in the workplace Others think that the true function of a university should be to give access to knowledge for its own sake regardless of whether the course
- It is generally believed that some people are born with certain talents for instance for sport or music and others are not However it is sometimes claimed that any child can be taught to become a good sport person or musician Discuss both these views 84
- The line graph shows thefts per thousand vehicles in four countries between 1990 and 1999 Summarize the information by selecting and reporting the main features and make comparisons where relevant 84