The chart shows the percentage of women and men in one Asian country who passed when they took their driving test between 1980 and 2010 Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features and make comparisons where relevant You should s

The chart shows the percentage of women and men in one Asian country who passed when they took their driving test between 1980 and 2010.

Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant.

You should spend about 20 minutes on this task.

The line chart compares the passing rates of males and females in a country in Asia when they did their driving test from 1980 to 2010.
Overall, it is apparent that there was an upward trend in the percentage of contestants in both gender passing their driving test and the women figure was higher than it for men during the period.
In 1980, about 50% of women participants gaining their licenses, which was nearly twice as the proportion of men passers.
From 1990 to 2000, there was a significant increase in the percentage of females being entitled to drive. The figure for women peaked at its highest point of nearly 70%, before slightly dropped to about 65% in 2010. The same trend was also observed in the proportion of men being eligible to pass the test gradually rose to nearly 50% in 2000 and stayed unchanged for the rest of the period.