The charts below show the percentage of food budget the average family spent on restaurant meals in different years. The graph shows the number of meals eaten in fast food restaurants and sit-down restaurants.Write a report for a university lecturer descr

mrgrimm1313's picture

The pie chart illustrates the average budget spent by families for food between 1970 and 2000. Meanwhile, the line graph shows meal consumption in fast food and sit-down restaurants during that period.

Overall, there was an increase of interests for dining out between 1970 and 2000. Not only the average budget spent for restaurant was increased, but also there was a rise of the number of meals eaten in restaurants.

Initially, families spent 90% of their food budget for home cooking, while the rest went for eating out. For the next decade, family budget for eating in restaurants was only slightly increased by 5%. However, there was a sharp increase of money spent in restaurants two decades later. The budget was 35% in 1990, and it reached a half in 2000.

Interestingly, the trend of the fast food meals consumption mimicked the consumption trend of families in restaurants. It was 20 meals consumed annually in 1970, and this number only rose by 50% a decade later. Suddenly, the number doubled on the next decade, finally reached just below 90. The number of sit-down restaurant meals consumption was same as fast food meals consumption in 1970. However, this figure only climbed steadily each decade; reaching just under 50 meals consumed per year.