The diagram below shows how electricity is generated in a hydroelectric power station Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features and make comparisons where relevant

The diagram below shows how electricity is generated in a hydroelectric power station. Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant.

The diagram gives information about the progress of hydroelectricity generation in the power plant. Overall, the progress begin at dawn when the dam intake is open and finish its duration when water is pumped back into the high reservoir.
At the beginning of a day, the hydroelectric plant starts a new cycle by open the dam intake which allow water to flow in to a pipe leading to the reservoir turbines. Once the water arrives, the turbines which connected directly to the electric generator spin and electricity is produced then sent to national grid.
Moving on to analyse the remaining stages of the process, after having generated power for all day long, during the night, he dam intake is closed. Subsequently, the turbines play an important role as a pumping machine that reverse the flow of water, make it run back to the main river by the pipe.