The first chart below shows how energy is used in an average Australian household The second chart shows the greenhouse gas emissions which result from this energy use Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features and make compari

The first chart below shows how energy is used in an average Australian household. The second chart shows the greenhouse gas emissions which result from this energy use.

Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant.

The first chart illustrates the amount of energy consumption in a typical Australian family, while the second chart demonstrates the percentage of greenhouse gas emissions from this energy usage.

Overall, it is clear that heating and water heating accounts for a significant proportion of energy use, whereas most greenhouse gas emissions result from water heating and other appliances.

Heating and water heating are the two most significant sectors of energy expenditure, which accounts for 42% and 30% of total energy, respectively. Other appliances use 15% energy, which is half of the energy used by water heating. Besides this, refrigeration, lighting and cooling consume the least amount of energy with a value of 7%, 4% and 2%, respectively.

Water heating contributes nearly a third of total greenhouse gas emissions, followed by other appliances at 28%. Heating generates only 14% of the total emitted gas. Moreover, refrigeration, cooling and lighting are combinedly responsible for 25% of greenhouse gas.