The graph below compares figures for the production and consumption of energy in the US from 1950 to 2000 It also predicts figures for 2025 Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features and make comparisons where relevant

The graph below compares figures for the production and consumption of energy in the US from 1950 to 2000. It also predicts figures for 2025.

Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant.

This report derives from the presented pictorial delineating the generation and utilization of energy in the United States over the five decades and also exhibited a projection for 2025.

Generally speaking, the volume of production was always below usage as well as the gap between these two figures is predicted to increase in 2025.

A glance at the diagram reveals that In 1950, Both figures were above 25 quadrillion BUT's. Moreover, each trend increased gradually after exhibiting a fluctuation in the first years till 1975. In 1975 , the difference between usage and generation was also similar to 1950 with both were more or less 60 quadrillion BUT's.

After 1975, despite fluctuation, cousumption figure demonstrated a growth whereas the production declined. As a result, In 2000, an approximate gap of 30 quadrillion BUT's between creation and utilization was evident. However, in 2025, a bigger gap of about 70 quadrillion BUT's is expected which will be the biggest of all time.