The graph below shows the percentage of part time workers in each country of the United Kingdom in 1980 and 2010 Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features and make comparisons where relevant

The graph below shows the percentage of part-time workers in each country of the United Kingdom in 1980 and 2010.
Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant.

The given bar chart illustrates the proportion of part-time workers in 4 different countries of the UK in two different time periods. Overall, it can be clearly seen that there was a wide fluctuation of percentages in all countries.

According to the chart, it is vividly shown that Wales had the most percentage of part-time job workers amongst other countries with approximately 32% and 35% in 1980 and 2010 respectively. In 1980, Scotland’s rate was just over 10% which was the lowest in all 4 countries. However, the proportion of part-time workers almost doubled by 2010 and ended at nearly 20%.

On the other hand, percentages of people who had part-time jobs in Northern Ireland dipped slightly from almost 15% to 13% by 2010. Rates of part-time job workers in England was the second largest in the UK in 1980 with around 25%, however these percentages reached a peak of 31% by 2010.