The graphs show figures relating to hours worked and stress levels amongst professionals in eight groups.

mrgrimm1313's picture

The charts illustrate the average hours of eight different jobs, and the percentage of stress-related illness suffered in those jobs.

Apparently, businessmen work the longest (70 hours per week), but they only comprise 11% of stress-related patients. The majority of people suffering stress-related illness are lecturers, surprisingly however, they work the shortest with only less than 30 hours per week.

Movie producers and doctors work 60 hours and about 50 hours per week respectively; making them the second and the third longest jobs. Predictably, their stress level is in parallel with their workload, as almost 20% of stress-related patients are the former, while the latter contributed to 15% of stress-related patients.

Even though writers work in similar length like doctors, the number of them fallen sick due to stress is only a half compared to the doctors. Chefs, lawyers, and programmers work less than 40 hours per week and contribute only 10% or less to stress-related sickness.