Home >> Ielts Writing Task Ii Ielts Academic Essays

You should spend about 40 minutes on this task.Present a written argument or case to an educated reader with no specialist knowledge of the following topic.Many childhood diseases can now be prevented through the use of vaccines.Should parents be made by

mrgrimm1313's picture

Since the early 1700s when vaccines were discovered, the ability of vaccines to prevent infectious diseases has been proven to be highly effective. Nevertheless, some people still choose not to immunize their children for some reasons due to the lack of the obligation for vaccination. Therefore, for the sake of the improved healthcare for people, I believe such obligation should be implemented.

In the 1980s, there was a concern pertaining to the ability of vaccines to induce autism in babies. A decade later, a medical journal proofing such concern was released which shook the world. Even though that journal was found out to be fraudulent later, many people still believe that detrimental effect of vaccines. As a result, years later, for the first time in 30 years, a case of measles appeared in Spain in an infant because his parents did not want to vaccinate him due to autism concerns. Therefore, the lack of medical knowledge in societies can be harmful for their children, especially when they choose not to immunize their children and put them to the fatal risk of infectious diseases.

Before 20th century, there were no concerns of the adverse effects of vaccines, however, many people still did not know vaccines or their benefits. Even more, those people still exist in some countries, making those countries have difficulties in tackling infectious diseases which can be prevented with immunizations. By making it obligatory for parents vaccinating their children, more children can have infectious diseases prevented. Moreover, there will be no more need for health professionals wasting time to convince uneducated people to vaccinate their children. Hence, the law obligates parents to vaccinate their children will lead to more efficient of infectious diseases prevention in children.

In summary, the world need a law to obligate vaccination in children to make infectious diseases prevention can be achieved in most children and to prevent people not to vaccinate their children because of their biased knowledge.