The line graph illustrates the proportion of total expenditure in a certain European country between 1960 and 2000

The line graph illustrates the proportion of total expenditure in a certain European country between 1960 and 2000.

The line chart compares the percentage of the spending on five commodities during 40 years in a particular European country.

Overall, food is the most consumable while fuel/energy was given the lowest number. Also, it is clear that spending on transport had an upward trend.

In 1960, food hit its peak at nearly 35%, the second-highest was leisure activities, which accounted for under 20%. At the same time, transport, clothing, and fuel/energy were used for about 10%, 9%, and approximately 6% respectively. Over 40 years, it can be seen that transport went up slightly to 15% in 2000. In contrast, food had a great fall and only made up 14% in the last years.

With regards to non-necessities, spending on leisure activities, clothing, and energy consumption decreased continuously to their lowest points, at over 10%, 5% and merely 3% in 2000.