Essay topics: The map below shows three proposed sites for a new hypermarket (A, B and C) in the city of Pellington.
The map represents three possible sites (A, B and C) in the city of Pellington for a new hypermarket.
A is located in North-West of Pellington, whereas site B and C are sited in a countryside. Site B is in North-East corner of the city of Pellington while, site C is located in the South centre of the city.
Looking in details, site A has a railway that passes through the surrounding areas (residential and industrial) and on the east of A has traffic zones. If it is built here, it will be next to residential and industrial areas, thus providing easy access by use of railway for those living on the estate.
Meanwhile, site B is located in countryside of Pellington but it has the motorway that connects between industrial areas and countryside. If the hypermarket is built here, it can expect to draw people from industrial complexes by use of motorways.
In contrast, site C can be accessed by people from industrial and residential since it is surrounded by all. Also, airport is nearby and the railway and motorway make easy to access to it. Therefore, by building a hypermarket in here would draw the most people.
- Some people think that we do not need to print papers newspapers anymore. Do you agree or disagree? (56)
- Shopping is dangerous because it makes people selfish and careless with money. Do you agree or disagree? (76.5)
- Some people think that we do not need to print papers newspapers anymore. Do you agree or disagree? (78)
- As well as making money, businesses also have social responsibilities. To what extent do you agree or disagree? (58.5)
- Some people think that technology has made our life too complex. However, other people think that it has made our life easier. Discuss both views and give your opinion. (73)
- Air traffic is increasingly leading to more noise, pollution and airport construction. One reason for this is the growth in low-cost passenger flights, often to holiday destinations. Some people might say that governments should try to reduce air traffic (63)
- Nowadays, many people receive prescriptions of medication regularly. What are the causes of this trend? What consequences can this have for a person? (73)
- Some people claim that living in big cities is creating difficulties whereas others think it makes easier. Discuss both views and give your opinion. (56)
- Some people work for the same organisation all their working life. Others think that it is better to work for different organisations. Discuss both these views and give your own opinion. (55.5)
- : A society develops the technology in communicating devices rapidly such as smart phones, tablets and other communicating devices. Some people claims that the disadvantages of such device outweigh the advantages. To what extent do you agree or disagree? (71.5)