The table below shows the percentages of the population by age groups in one town who rode bicycles in 2011

The table below shows the percentages of the population by age groups in one town who rode bicycles in 2011.

The given table illustrates the proportions of those in an unidentified town who rode bicycles in the year 2011 by age and gender.
Overall, it is evident from the statistics that this activity seems to be more popular with the female group than the male one. Furthermore, a striking disparity in the percentages can be witnessed for the 10-17 group.
As regards the youngest group, it is noticeable that the figures were above a half for both female and male groups, registering 51,4% and 50,3% respectively. For those aged between 10 and 17, 42,2% of girls were reported to ride a bicycle, nearly doubling the figure for their counterparts (24,6%).
The activity tends to be less prevalent for the 18-39 and 40-59 age groups, with a total proportion of 26,8% and slightly above a fifth for both genders. The activity, nevertheless, was more popular with the oldest group, taken up by 18,5% of females and 13,2% of males.