Essay topics: The table below shows the results of a 20-year study into why adults in the UK attend arts events.
The table demonstrates the result of the survey which explains the motives of visiting art presentations. The data are available for the present moment and for ten and twenty years ago periods.
As an overall trend, it might be clearly seen that the main point of exploring an art event, which is a wish to see a specific performer or artist, stayed the same over the twenty-year period of study. Aside from this, in recent years more and more people tend to visit the arts accompanying by kids or regarding their work or business duties.
According to the table, the percentage of people who are involved in any celebration in, for instance, an art gallery has decreased dramatically over the twenty-year period from 27 per cent to only 9 per cent. As for people visiting art events with children or colleagues, these numbers have increased by 13 per cent and 5 per cent and have reached their highest numbers of 24 per cent and 11 per cent respectively.
Interestingly, the group desired to attend unique arrangements has fluctuated over the years from 58 per cent twenty years ago to 55 in ten years having reached eventually 56 per cent mark.
- In many countries today there are many highly qualified graduates withoutemployment.What factors may have caused this situation and what, in your opinion, can/shouldbe done about it? (56)
- The charts below give information about attendance at entertainment venues and admission prices to those venues in 2009. (78)
- The table below shows the results of a 20-year study into why adults in the UK attend arts events. (73)
- Some say that because many people are living much longer, the age at which people retire from work should be raised considerably.To what extent do you agree or disagree? (78)
- The diagram below shows the life cycle of a salmon, from egg to adult fish. (56)
- The graph below shows the percentage of people going to cinemas in one European country on different days. (73)
- The graph below shows the percentage of people going to cinemas in one European country on different days. (67)
- The graphs below show the post-school qualifications held by Australians in the age groups 25 to 34 and 55 to 69.Summarise the information by selecting and reporting main features, and make comparisons where relevant. (89)