The two column charts show the percentage of food and other items bought by 3 European countries in 1998 and 2008

The charts illustrate how much food and other items bought by people in three main countries, namely Norway, Poland and UK in the years 1998 and 2008.
Overall, it can be obviously seen that the proprotion of all categories mentioned saw an upward trend without any exception. Furthermore, while the percentage for Norway in 2008 accounted for the highest, the percentage for poland in the year 2008 registered the highest.
Looking at details, the proportion of food purchased by norway residents accounted for 35 percent in 1998, which increased sharply to reach approximately 45 percent in 2008. A similar trend was wtinessed in the two other nations, which when up by nearly 20 percent for the each country.
In addition, there has been an increase from roughly 15 percent to exactly 35 percent in the period 20 years. The percentage for norway and UK experienced the same trend, which grew by about 15 percent and 20 percent respectively.