You have heard that a developer plans to build a shopping centre near your home Write a letter to the council In your letter say how you heard about the plan explain how you feel about it ask for more information about it

You have heard that a developer plans to build a shopping centre near your home.

Write a letter to the council. In your letter

say how you heard about the plan
explain how you feel about it
ask for more information about it

Dear Sir or Madam,

I am a resident of Boundary Road and I have recently read in the local newspaper that a shopping centre is going to be built near where I live.

This news was rather a surprise to me. I have been living in Boundary Road for five years now and it has always been a very quiet street with very few tall buildings. I think a construction like this will change the atmosphere of the area considerably and, like many other residents I have spoken to, I am not at all happy about it.

I think people who live in the area have a right to know more about the plan before it goes ahead, so I would like to request further details regarding the dates of the planned building work and the size of the centre. Also, I sincerely hope you are planning to provide a car park, as otherwise parking will become very difficult for everyone in the area.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Yours faithfully,
John Carlson