You have just read an article in an international travel magazine which contained some information about your town that is incorrect Write a letter to the editor of the magazine In your letter Correct the information in the article Explain why it is impor

You have just read an article in an international travel magazine which contained some information about your town that is incorrect.
Write a letter to the editor of the magazine. In your letter :
• Correct the information in the article
• Explain why it is important for the magazine to give correct information
• Suggest what the magazine should do about this situation.

Dear Sir
The latest edition of your travel magazine included an article about Cambridge, but this contained incorrect information. The writer described the University of Cambridge as being the oldest in the world whereas in fact the oldest university in the English-speaking world is in Oxford. The university of cambridge was found in 1209, but Oxford was known to have existed in 1096.
A magazine such as yours has an international reputation and is extremely influential with travel companies and individuals alike. It is essential that any information published should be accurate and reliable and I was genuinely surprised that the facts had not been checked prior to publication.
I feel that the least magazine can do is to publish a correction and an apology is next month’s magazine. I would also urge you to ensure that all factual information is throughly checked prior to publication.
Your faithfully,
Alan Watson.