Essay topics: You will move to a new city for work. You know some people who live there.
Write a letter to someone you know live there. In your letter
» Ask them for help finding accommodation
» Tell them where you would like to live
» Tell them the type of place you are looking for
I hope you are well. I am writing to ask for your help in order to find an accommodation in Melbourne.
I find a new job in an international company with good reputation in Melbourne, consequently I will move to this cosmopolitan city in the next 2 months. Since you have been living there for more than 3 years, I want to ask for your help to find an appropriate accommodation.
My new office is located in the city center but as I surf the net I realized that the rents are so high and it would not be affordable for me to pay for the house in that neighborhood as well as covering the daily costs. So I would be grateful if you could find me a house in the suburbia with the easy access to the public transportation.
I am looking for a three bedroom house with a small kitchen and a big garden, though children would have enough room to play around and spend their time. Moreover, there should be a state school in the vicinity since Sophia will go to school in the next academic semester.
Thanks for your help and support.
- Today more and more tourists are visiting places where conditions are difficult, such as the Sahara desert or the Antarctica.What are the benefits and disadvantages for tourists who visit such places? (89.5)
- You work at home and have a problem with a piece of equipment that you use for your job.Write a letter to the shop or company which supplied the equipment in your letter.• Describe the problem with the equipment• Explain how this problem is affecting (79)
- You work for an international company. You have seen an advertisement for a training course which will be useful for your job.Write a letter to your manager. In your letter:Describe the training course you want to doExplain what the company could do to he (81)
- You have been accepted to study at an overseas university, but feel a little anxious about livingand studying in an unfamiliar environment.Write to the university’s student union. In your letter• Introduce yourself• Explain your interests• Enquire (78)
- You have just received a letter from an overseas university saying that your IELTS bandscore of 6 is too low for admission to any of its Master’s Courses ( you need 6.5)Write a letter to the admissions officer. In your letter• Introduce yourself.• E (73)
- You rented a car recently, but were not satisfied with it.Write a letter of complaint to the rental agency. In your letter• Introduce yourself• Explain what went wrong with the car you rented• Ask for some form of compensation. (73)
- You are a university student living in on-campus accommodation. You are having someproblems with the internet connection in your room.Write to the supervisor of your residence. In your letter Introduce yourself Inform him / her of the situation R (56)
- You recently went to Australia for a holiday. However, your return flight was delayedby a day.Write a letter to the airline company. In your letter: Introduce yourself Complain about the delayExplain the problems that it caused you Ask for a lett (84)
- You have been invited to attend an interview for a place studying a course in a college. Unfortunately, because of a previous appointment, you cannot come at the time they wish.Write a letter to the admissions tutor. In your letter• explain your positi (56)
- You would like to buy some electrical goods at a shop in a nearby town.Write a letter to the shop andask if they have the things you want or whether they will be able to order them.Ask what the prices are and how long they will be able to hold the goods f (73)