Advantages and disadvantges of watching TV on children.

Essay topics: Advantages and disadvantges of watching TV on children.

Khanh Ngoc Le's picture

Nowadays, TV is one of the most popular entertainments in most families. And some people think that TV effects on us, especially children. I think that TV has both good and bad sides for children and it has good more than bad. In this essay, I will look at both positive and negative sides that TV effects on children’s life.

Let’s begin by looking at the advantages of watching TV. One of the main positives is that TV offers a wide range of entertainment for children in their free time. Children sometimes get studying pressure in school and pressure from their parents. They can watch fun cartoon or movies when they feel bored or tired. Besides, TV has many kinds of music shows like “The Voice kids”, or “Doremi”. Secondly, watching TV can help children to widen their knowledge. They can learn much more than what they studied at school and they can study better. There are many informational programs that they didn’t know about before. For examples, they can learn how to treat other people around them, learn about society and behaviors when they watch Fairy Tales. When they watch “Barney and friends”, they can not only improve their English skills but also can learn about the world around them. “Fingertips” can give baby girls many helpful tips to become clever girls. And baby boys can explore more about cars or nature through international programs.

Turning to the other side of the argument, it cannot be denied that watching TV have some disadvantages. The negative influence on children’s health is a major problem. If children focus on TV so much for a long time, they will have eye diseases such as nearsighted or farsightedness. The second disadvantage that TV can affect children is that their behavior. Especially when children watch some violent films on HBO or Cinemax, they can act out like characters. There are many unsuitable programs; if they watch them, they will learn about and simulate like that when they grow up.

To sum up, watching TV is a necessary way to relax in almost families and it is useful for people. It is obviously that TV is an important part in children’s life. However it will become dangerous entertainment if parents don’t take care of their children enough. In my opinion, parents should control and manage time if they allow their children to watch TV.