Children today are better listeners, and that makes them better language learners. The availability of mp3, video files, VoIP and mobile phones, coupled with the proliferation in movies and the advancement in video games, means that spoken language permea

Children today are better listeners, and that makes them better language learners. The availability of mp3, video files, VoIP and mobile phones, coupled with the proliferation in movies and the advancement in video games, means that spoken language permeates all areas of a child’s life, in a way that it has never done before. This level of exposure can only bring benefits to children and create more articulate and literate adults of the future.

It is an undeniable fact that our world has changed considerably compared to the past and nowadays, there are a great number of modern ways to find out various foreign languages. It is argument that now children are better language learners because there is a variety of availability of different resources such as video files, mobile phones and video games. It is obvious that spoken language soaks through all fields of a child’s life and it has never been seen till now. It is argued that this level of uncovering can have only advantages for children and teach children to express thoughts better and form well-educated adults of the future.

On the one hand, it is believed that if all areas of children’s life are encompassed by spoken language, children can benefit from it significantly. For example, most children are involved in playing video games and today the language of video games is English and it can help children to ferret out some words in English. Another point is that in an effort to improve listening skills, children can utilize video and mp3 files. Also, at present time mobile phones are one of inseparable parts of children’s life and this is one of the best ways to learn.

On the other hand, it is claimed that alongside with these advantages, this level of exposure has also negative aspects. These above factors for learning are associated with technological equipments and it is generally admitted that technology has adverse impacts on children. For instance, if children harness computers to play video games, they can wreak havoc on their eyes. Another negative point is addiction, so children use their mobile phones so much and they addict them and they can’t help using mobile phones. This affects children’s communicative skills adversely.

Having considered both pros and cons, to draw the appropriate conclusion can be a little tough. However, if children use these ways in moderation, their advantages for children can outweigh their disadvantages.