Government spending should only be focused on public services, and it is a waste of money to spend on arts(eg. painting or music)to what extent do you agree or disagree?

Government spending should only be focused on public services, and it is a waste of money to spend on arts(eg. painting or music)

to what extent do you agree or disagree?

People have different views about how goverment spending should be allocated. To a certain extent, I agree with the contention that it is vital to spend the budget on public services. However, I also believe that investment in arts sector is worth considering.

On the one hand, it is important to spend the money on public services for three reasons. Firstly, the majority of people use public transport when they commute to work. It is always crowded and it may lead to minor injuries among people. Also, rate of road accidents by car has been increasing these days. Government could reduce the road accidents and promote safer commuting facilities by investing in public services, which would lead to fewer people having to travel by car. Secondly, it is important to live in a safe society where citizen can trust their neighbours and have the belief in the integrity of state institution. Government can help to achieve this by strengthening police forces. Finally, many senior citizens need financial support and care. Helping these people financially may have a positive impact on society, as a whole.

On the other hand, I believe that some money can be spent on arts sector as it is a source of entertainment. Many people, arranging from, young aged group to older people enjoy leigure activities such as going to a concert or exhibition. At the same time, art exhibition plays an important role in teaching visitors the history behind the exhibits or paintings and attracting tourists, contributing to domestic economy. Without this culture, people will become bored and we will lose our identity.

For the reasons mentioned above, I believe that it is more beneficial by not disregarding arts sector.

Sentence: People have different views about how goverment spending should be allocated.
Error: goverment Suggestion: government

Sentence: Many people, arranging from, young aged group to older people enjoy leigure activities such as going to a concert or exhibition.
Error: leigure Suggestion: leisure