learning a foreign language at primary school rather than secondary school.

Knowing a foreign language has become an essential skill in our world. As new technologies, like internet, has made the whole world a small village, communicating with other people from different countries has become mandatory. Without mastering a foreign language, you may lose a lot of opportunities in life. This is why many people debate over the starting age to learn a foreign language. For me, I strongly believe that learning a foreign language in primary school is better than learning it in secondary school.

Firstly, children in primary are known to have a better ability to imitate sounds which make it easier for them to acquire good language pronunciation. Secondly, children at this stage can learn a new language by games, thus making it a fun activity. Thirdly, children will have self-confidence when they learn this language as early as possible and this will let them speak fluently in the future.

On the other hand, children in secondary school will feel shy to pronounce a new language as they might fear of saying new words in a way that could make their friends laugh on. In addition, they will be studying more academic subjects like chemistry, physics, geography and others which will lessen the dedicated time to learn this new language.

To demonstrate, I will take my cousin and myself as an example. I started learning English from my first year in school, while he started learning it when he was in secondary school. He used to face a lot of problems while studying English and he almost hated it. On the contrary, I enjoyed English very much and never found it difficult. Furthermore, after graduation from faculty, I had a better chance to find a good job due to my English skills.

To conclude, learning foreign language for children in primary is much easier and will lead to better understanding and mastering of the new language in future. Thus provide a better career and a wide range of opportunities in the future.

As new technologies, like internet, has made the whole world a small village
As new technologies, like internet, have made the whole world a small village