Nowadays people are purchasing more than they need. Its a positive or negative trend. Give your opinion and examples based on your experience and knowledge.

Due to drastic change in economy the purchasing power of people have increased, leading to over purchase or purchasing of non-useful things. I ruminate that we should spend according to our income and save money for rainy days.

Firstly, lets look at some of the positive effects. As per census - 2013, per capita income of urban areas have increased upto 25% which means that people are earning enough money for living. And the positive effect is their access to luxury and better standards of living. For example, they can have their own house, car etc. which was earlier in urban areas was a far away dream.

However, the tendency to purchase more comes with lot of negative effects. One of the major effect is people tend to spend more than their pocket leaving them with major debts and no savings.

Another significant reason is young children are spoiled with excess luxury. Recent survey in various metro cities showed that percentage of children of parents from upper middle class band prone to various diseases like obesity, diabetes is more than other children. Parents without realizing the side effects buys their children all latest gadgets and gaming equipments which confines them in house with no inertia leading to such life threatening diseases.

Nevertheless, we can overcome these negative effects if earning parents start planning and confine their spending to certain extend every month. Also, government can support by building more activity centres in various society encouraging children to leave their equipments and play games involving physical activities. I doctrine that these initiatives would definitely bring negative effects of over purchasing down.

the purchasing power of people have increased,
the purchasing power of people has increased,

per capita income of urban areas have increased upto 25%
per capita income of urban areas has increased up to 25%

which was earlier in urban areas was a far away dream.
Description: can you re-write this clause?

One of the major effect is people tend to spend more than their pocket leaving them with major debts and no savings.
One of the major effect is that people tend to spend more than their pocket leaving them with major debts and no savings.

Another significant reason is young children are spoiled
Another significant reason is that young children are spoiled

Parents without realizing the side effects buys their children all latest gadgets and gaming equipments which confines them in house with no inertia leading to such life threatening diseases.
Description: can you re-write this sentence? A lot of errors.