Nowadays we are producing more and more rubbish.Why do you think this is happening?What can governments do to help reduce the amount of rubbish produced?

Nowadays we are producing more and more rubbish.
Why do you think this is happening?
What can governments do to help reduce the amount of rubbish produced?

It is true that rubbish is becoming one of the major factors that negatively affects the environment. There are a variety of possible reasons for this, but some measures can definitely be taken to tackle this problem.

A significant amount of rubbish being produced is positively correlated with an increase in consumption. People are buying more consumer goods these days. All goods contain packaging that must be disposed of after the items are purchased. Also, when consumers buy a new product, the old one is usually thrown away. At the same time, many people lack the perception of the consequences of producing the vast amount of waste that it has a detrimental effect on the environment, causing climate change and poisoning oceans. These three factors explain the substantial growth in the amount of rubbish being produced. The problem will deteriorate if the packaging and the old products are non-recyclable.

To address this issue, governments should legislate to reduce both consumption and packaging. Firstly, by adding an environmental tax to the cost of items, consumers would be less likely to purchase goods unless they were a necessity. As a result, this would slow down the rapid growth in unnecessary consumption. Secondly, governments could place more responsibility on producers to use more environmentally friendly packaging. Thus, this would reduce the impact on the environment. Finally, providing the public with better education could prevent the excessive waste being produced. For example, educated people would try to reduce, re-use or recycle as much rubbish as they can because they understand the value of reducing waste.

In conclusion, more and more rubbish will be produced unless governments exercise their power to control the negative effects on the environment with the use of taxes, laws and education.

for example:
A significant amount of rubbish being produced is positively correlated with an increase in consumption. People are buying more consumer goods these days. All goods contain packaging that must be disposed of after the items are purchased. Also, when consumers buy a new product, the old one is usually thrown away.