Essay topics: Popular events like the football World Cup and other international sporting occasions are essential in easing international tensions and releasing patriotic emotions in a safe way.
Every four years, the whole world stops to watch international sporting events such as the Olympics and the Football World Cup in which athletes show their best performance to make their country proud of them. These sporting occasions have proved to be helpful in easing international tensions in difficult times when powerful leaders were trying to control the world’s economy and other governments were fighting over land.
The Olympic Games are one of the best examples which prove how sporting events can bring nations together, at least temporarily. From ancient History, when Greeks and Romans would interrupt battles to participate in the games, to the more recent international disputes, when athletes from Palestine and Israel would forget their differences, compete pacifically and even embrace each other after an event. Moreover, these popular events have called the world’s attention to the terrible consequences of wars; thus some leaders have tried to accept agreements to end their dispute and live peacefully.
Similarly, international sporting events show benefits in some developing countries which live in a daily internal civil war. For example, Brazil has a high rate of unemployment, lack of education, hunger, crime, poverty and corruption which leads to an immense embarrassment of being Brazilian and a low self-esteem. However, when the Football World Cup starts, the Brazilian squad, which is considered the best team in the world, provokes an amazing feeling of pride in their country. Most people seem to forget all their problems and even the criminal activity decreases. They paint roads with the national colors, use wear the Brazilian team shirt and buy national flags. Moreover, the competition brings families and neighbors together and even rival gangs watch the games and celebrate peacefully.
In conclusion, popular sporting events play an important role in decreasing international tensions and liberating patriotic feelings as History has shown.
|Post date||Users||Rates||More about the essay|
|2 weeks 3 days ago||SuperBoy||73||Read full essay|
|3 weeks 6 days ago||Anastasia1995||67||Read full essay|
|4 months 2 days ago||Saeed2||78||Read full essay|
|4 months 2 weeks ago||Raza||89||Read full essay|
|4 months 2 weeks ago||Raza||73||Read full essay|
|5 months 2 weeks firstname.lastname@example.org||84||Read full essay|
|6 months 1 week ago||miladpouya||73||Read full essay|
|6 months 1 week ago||miladpouya||68||Read full essay|
|1 year 5 days ago||saroj||67||Read full essay|
|1 year 2 weeks ago||max1991||54||Read full essay|
- The money given to help poor countries does not solve the problem of poverty, so rich countries should give other types of help instead. To what extent do agree or disagree. (70)
- some people think that universities should provide graduates with the knowledge and skills needed in the workplace. others think that the true function of a university should be to give access to knowledge for its own sake, regardless of whether the cours (80)
- Some people believe that there should be fixed punishments for each type of crime. Others, however, argue that the circumstances of an individual crime, and the motivation for committing it, should always be taken into account when deciding on the punishm (80)
- it is generally believed that some people are born with certain talents for instance for sport or music and others are not. however, it is sometimes claimed that any child can be taught to become a good sports person or musician. discuss both these views (80)
- Traffic congestion and pollution from private cars are becoming huge problems for many major cities. Suggest some measures that could be taken to reduce the negative environmental impact of the increasing number of cars. (70)
- the bar chart compares different ratings (70)
- the bar chart compares different ratings (60)
- The pie chart below shows the main reasons why agricultural land becomes less productive. The table shows how these causes affected three regions of the world during the 1990s (50)
- The chart below shows the amount of money per week spent on fast foods in Britain. The graph shows the trends in consumption of fast foods. (70)
- Should wealthy nations be required to share their wealth and resources among poorer nations by providing such things as food and education? Or is it the responsibility of the governments of poorer nations to look after their citizen themselves? (70)