Should government make decisions about people's life style, or should people make their own decisions.

There is no doubt that life style of people in one particular country determines some important aspects of country's development. Thus, while some people firmly believe that the government should take part in deciding and regulating their life styles , I firmly believe that it depends on the circumstances.

The first consideration is related to the urgency of government involvement. It is because the government not only has a responsibility to make a policy in order to keep a harmonization in society, but also keeps trying to educate and let their civilizations become much more mature. Sticking "No Smoking" campaign in public area, for instance, is one of the accepted regulation made by government which has already reached positive feedback from its civilization. This is particularly beneficial to eradicate the high rate of victim because of smoking related-disease.

Having considered the aforementioned account, the involvement of government in another case sometimes invites much criticism. In term of dressing ethic code which is likely to be regulated in Jakarta, for example, is automatically rejected by some group of society as well as practitioner. They have tendency to think that dressing code is clearly private right of every person which is actually protected by the government.

Ultimately, there are pros and cons developing in society concerning the government involvement in case of people' lifestyle. It seems to me that the government should reconsider regarding the feedback from societies which may comes up due to government attitude whether it must be proactive to make a policy regarding such matter or not.

There is no doubt that life style of people in one particular country determines
There is no doubt that the life style of people in one particular country determines

dressing code is clearly private right of every person
dressing code is clearly the private right of every person

which may comes up due to government attitude
which may come up due to government's attitude