Some people believe that children’s leisure activities must be educational, otherwise they are a complete waste of time.Do you agree or disagree?

It is generally agreed that leisure activity is important for everybody especially children in order to maintain sanity. A break from school work or office work as the case may be, is important. An argument has developed on whether leisure activities of children should be educational or not. Various propositions have been developed to support the two viewpoints.

The propositions supporting the viewpoint that 'leisure activities should be educational are as follows: Firstly, It is argued that leisure activities can be educational and fun at the same time. Games about basic mathematics, Scrabble among others are educational leisure activities proposed by the adherents of this viewpoint. Secondly, educational leisure activities promotes mental development of children. Non-educational leisure activities are waste of time.

However, the need to strike a balance between the work and life or appropriately put, school work and leisure balance among children has brought another viewpoint which states that leisure activities should be fun to children. It should not be rigidly formulated to be educational which may be uninteresting to majority of students. Moreover, schools are meant to work on educational development of children and their leisure time should be for fun.

From what have been discussed so far, leisure activities can be educational and fun at the same time. Therefore, I agree to a large extent with those that argue that leisure activities should be educational.

Minimum 250 words wanted