Some people believe that unpaid community service should be compulsory part of high school programmes (for example working for a charity, improving the neighbourhood or teaching sports to younger children). To what extent do you agree or disagree?

Some people believe that unpaid community service should be compulsory part of high school programmes (for example working for a charity, improving the neighbourhood or teaching sports to younger children).

To what extent do you agree or disagree?

These days many people believe that high school programmes should include unpaid community service like spending time in social works like charities or teaching sports to younger children. I completely agree with this idea and in this essay I will support my opinion with examples.

Firstly, there are several benefits of doing community service at any age, but specially teenagers, as they are going through of one of the hardest stages of their lives. Doing voluntary work teenagers to deal with people of different environments, try to understand social problems that many people nowadays have to deal with and what is more, they will add important skills to their CV. In other words, students will learn social skills, the importance of communicating with others and work in a team.

Not only that but teenagers would spend less time playing video games and watching TV. For instance, they could spend their afternoons after school doing more creative activities like couching a team or teaching an elder person to read and write. This kind of activities, even though are not rewarded with money, provide priceless values to teenagers.

On the other hand, some people think that social works should be an optional subject in high school. One such argument is that teenagers have to put up with a lot of pressure because of their curricular exams or university entrance examinations. They claim that students should spend their free time studying and not worrying about other people issues.

In conclusion, personally I think that doing any kind of charity work it is rewarding itself and apart from learning values and meeting new people some students may find their vocation in social works. I hope that in the near future all high schools include community service as compulsory subject in their academic curriculum.

doing any kind of charity work it is rewarding
doing any kind of charity work is rewarding

as they are going through of one of the hardest stages of their lives.
as they are going through one of the hardest stages of their lives.

Sentence: Not only that but teenagers would spend less time playing video games and watching TV.
Description: The token that is not usually followed by a conjunction, coordinating
Suggestion: Refer to that and but

Sentence: They claim that students should spend their free time studying and not worrying about other people issues.
Description: A noun, plural, common is not usually followed by a noun, plural, common
Suggestion: Refer to people and issues

Don't forget punctuation marks. Make the sentences clear. Like:

'personally I think that doing any kind of charity work it is rewarding itself and apart from learning values and meeting new people some students may find their vocation in social works.'