Some people prefer to spend their lives doing the same things and avoiding change. Others, however, think that change is always a good thing.Discuss both these views and give your own opinion.

jerrymuu's picture

Recent decades have seen a sweeping phenomenon that brand new technologies have been keeping emerging. This results in enormously new positions in many industries. The subject of whether workers should engage in the same occupation or they should embrace diversities in their career is of great concern for themselves. In this essay, I will examine the both views and offer my opinion.

Advocates of focusing on the same endeavor have their solid grounds. Initially, it is definitely true that if people are occupied with the same matter for decades they will eventually become outstanding experts in the field. As a saying goes that practice makes perfect. Furthermore, they can accomplish tasks quickly and wonderfully because they have been undertaking the same work for many years. Thus, they can lead a tremendously uncomplicated and smooth life. Moreover, they can possess time-tested friends after working together with them for ages. Whenever they are upset, those proven friends will be extremely helpful.

On the other hand, opponents argue that being dynamic has more benefits than being conservative. First of all, the vast world of the past has yielded to the global village of today. People with dynamic mind can capture fantastic chances and then seize a wonderful career because millions of unprecedented opportunities have come to light in the period. Secondly, expanded horizon is another fabulous merit. By involving into a variety of industries and meeting people with distinct experiences, they can enlarge their range of vision. Lastly, it is expected that they will have a more interesting life and can obtain incredible pleasure when overcoming a host of challenges.

In a nutshell, after weighing the two arguments, personally I would prefer the latter point of view. It is recommended that people should adjust themselves to the drastically changing world and stay competitive in the employment market.

Your rating: None Average: 8 (6 votes)