As the world’s supply of oil and natural gas continue to diminish, governments are constantly seeking alternatives to traditional energy resources, such as nuclear power. Do you think this is a positive or a negative development?

Recent decades have seen the sweeping phenomenon that with the drastically growing consumption of the traditional resources such as coal, oil and gas, the world faces an awful situation of depleted natural resources. Although some people argue that alternatives like nuclear power have their limitations and weaknesses, it can be held true that developing surrogate energy resources is the solitary approach to sustain the continuous development of the society.

It is undeniable that these substitution sources also have their negative aspects. This can be proven by the fact that Fukushima nuclear disaster in Japan,provoked by the magnitude 9.0 earthquake, happened in March 2011. The catastrophe triggered severe contamination and fiercely detrimental radiation in the air, water and soil in the surrounding places.

However, one of the most significant benefits that these new energy sources, such as wind, water, solar and nuclear power supplies, is their environmentally-friendly feature. This is apparent because they do not generate any carbon during the production and consumption processes of them.

Furthermore, unlike traditional natural substances which are finite, these modern sources are actually reproducible and virtually endless. This is extremely important because it means with the increasing utilization of them and the assistance of cutting-edge technologies, finally the world can put its heart at rest.

Based on the analyzation of the chief advantages and disadvantages of the back-up resources, I am quite convinced that its positive effects outweigh its negative ones with regards to the development of the new age energy resources.

Minimum 250 words wanted.

You don't just put two sentences as a paragraph. More content wanted for the essay body. Read a real story by a testbig user why more content:
http://www.testbig.com/ielts-essays/some-people-prefer-spend-their-live…

You have the potential to reach 8.0 or over.