Some people think that all university students should study whatever they like. Others believe that they should only be allowed to study subjects that will be useful in the future, such as those related to science and technology.Discuss both these views a

Some people think that all university students should study whatever they like. Others believe that they should only be allowed to study subjects that will be useful in the future, such as those related to science and technology.
Discuss both these views and give your own opinion.

Since senior high school, students have their right to choose about the course of study they like to focus in their skill and goal. Their choice in Senior High schools will determine what major will they take in the collage. Nowadays some arguments occur about this phenomena, some people believe giving university students a choice to study whatever they like will be good for them. On the other hand, some think by studying more benefit study for the future – such as science and technology – will be more useful, so that students should only be allowed to study these subjects.

In reality, there are some people who still think that science and technology as the superior subjects than others. These subjects become popular because of the new innovations that always come out as the result of studying these subjects – which is believed will make the better future. The famous of some scientists and innovators in these fields – such as Stephen William Hawking and Mark Zuckerberg – also gives high contribution of the popularity of science and technology subjects among society. So that some think that university students should only be allowed to study these subjects.

Limiting the right of students to choose what subjects they prefer will confront the freedom of individuality as a human. Because of that some people oppose the previous argument and argue that students should study whatever they like. Demarcating the subjects – only science and technology – is totally a short-minded, because there are so many aspects of life that contain of so many subjects which can not only be explained and solved by science and technology. Besides, the abilities of each student are different from one another – there are some who good in science and some who good in social subjects. In order that, the university students have to choose the subjects that they want to study depend on their skill and ability.

I stand with the second opinion, that the best way to encourage the university students to achieve their aim is by allowing them to choose what subjects they prefer to study. Because by giving them what they really want and need in life will lead them to achieve their goal and their future.