Essay topics: Some people think that the teenage years are the happiest time of most people lives. Others think that adult life brings more happiness, in spite of greater responsibilities. （important)
Being happy constantly appears to be the ultimate goal for everyone. It has been argued that teenage period is the happiest period of one, while others indicate that the adulthood is rather happier. In this essay, both views will be discussed.
On one hand, there is a widely accepted notion that the younger generations are less stressful in terms of life. They are financially and emotionally supported by families, making it possible for them to concentrate on their studies and to hang out with friends. For example, they could spend several hours on playing video games without worrying how much money they have to pay for the mortgage. However, this model is not always the case. Students sometimes have to confront with fierce peer pressure and intensive parenting in order to be outstanding academically, making it less possible for them to relaxing themselves. For instance, school boys and girls who are studying in Japan are forced to take extra curriculum activities on the top of their heavy study-load. In some extreme cases, they are prone to finishing their lives because of the endless force-fed studying.
On the hand, once people start to make earnings and taste the financial independence for the first time, thus their lives will become more interesting and enjoyable. By having a full time job allows consumers to buy anything they want and plan a holiday, which fulfils their dreams and satisfies their needs. Secondly, the perspective towards happiness changes as age. For instance, the desire to have a baby enables people to full of passion in their lives. This great happiness means the extension of family histories and honours alongside with the social status, although upbringing of a child is time and energy consuming. Lastly, the maturity gives people greater confidence in their lives. They are not afraid of expressing their opinions when others disagreed.
In conclusion, both teenagers and adults have their hay days, but life is so unpredictable that there is no guarantee that which period is much happier than others. But personally speaking, I think adulthood is more appealing as people can dominate their lives more.
- Memorization of information by frequent repetition (rote learning) plays a role in most education systems. Do the advantages of this method of learning outweigh its disadvantages? (80)
- Some countries achieve international success by building specialized sports facilities for top athletes to train instead of providing sports facilities that everyone can use. Do you think it is a positive or negative development? (93.33329999999999)
- Families who send their children to private schools should not be required to pay taxes that support the state education system. To what extent do you agree or disagree? (60)
- The graph and table below give information about water use worldwide and water consumption in two different countries. (82.5)
- Some people believe that children are given too much free time. They feel that this time should be used to do more school work.How do you think education shoudl spend their free time? (85)
- uccessful sports professionals can earn a great deal more money than people in other important professions. Some people think this is fully justified while others think it is unfair. Discuss both these views and give your opinion. (85)
- The graph below gives information from a 2008 report about consumption of energy in the USA since 1980 with projections until 2030 (70)
- Some people think that the teenage years are the happiest time of most people lives. Others think that adult life brings more happiness, in spite of greater responsibilities. （important) (51.25)
- With the increasing demand for energy sources of oil and gas, people should look for sources of oil and gas in remote and untouched places. Do the advantages outweigh the disadvantages of damaging such areas? (73.33329999999999)
- Every year several languages die out. Some people think that this is not important because life will be easier if there are fewer languages in the world. To what extent do you agree or disagree with this opinion? (66.66670000000001)