Who should look after the elderly? The government by providing care homes or families?

Looking after the elderly is an issue of strong argument at this contemporary age. Some believe that responsibility should be taken by families to look after them however; others opine that the government have to take care of the elderly. But, I think, families should be the prime care provider to the parents.

To begin with, it is a general truth that parents contribute a lot to bring up the kids or look after the family until the kids are self-dependent. Therefore, the children or families owe a debt to the parents and if they are not looked after well by their issues, it would be morally and socially wrong. Most importantly, the elderly should not be neglected and be deprived of any sorts of necessities when they need more attention at the last stage of their lives. For instance, a sick or unwell elderly needs prompt assistance from their love one. A small touch or affection may bring a huge smile on their face despite their sickness. Thus, families have a great role to look after the elderly and they should be well prepared to sacrifice their career and personal tasks to provide the best care to their near and dear one.

On the other hand, some believe that families do not have enough time to take care of the elderly and they would be better off at care houses funded by government. However, I still do not accord with the idea because the elderly do not get love and affection which they have expected from their offspring.

In conclusion, I strongly believe that family should manage the time to look after the elderly at the end of their life as there is no one who can take place their children.

the government have to take care of the elderly.
the governments have to take care of the elderly.

Don't repeat words, phases, or sentences, like: 'to look after the elderly'