Homeschooling belongs to the past and is unacceptable in the modern society To what extent do you agree or disagree with this statement

Homeschooling belongs to the past and is unacceptable in the modern society.
To what extent do you agree or disagree with this statement?

Everything has two sides and homeschooling is not an exception. In the past, it seemed like the most natural way of educating children, but today, many people criticize it.

We must acknowledge that parents know their children best. That gives them a good chance of knowing how to make their children understand certain concepts. Using the child’s interest, parents can make the process of learning more enjoyable and effective. In addition, being at home makes children feel safe which can greatly contribute to their ability to concentrate on studying.
Nevertheless, many people believe that teaching should be done by professionals. There are many proven scientific approaches that produce good and effective results and without those techniques parents, who teach their children at home, have no chance. Associative learning is a good example of such a technique. Showing the child images while learning the alphabet for example ‘Apple’ for ‘A’ or ‘Boy’ for ‘B’ makes him or her remember the letters faster and more easily.

Furthermore, not every parent is capable of teaching his or her child at home, for the blind cannot lead the blind. Parents cannot teach the children something which they do not know themselves, and let’s face it – not all of us have profound knowledge of history or geography even on a school textbook level. Eventually, even those moms and dads who had succeeded at school could forget the materials they studied as time went by.

In conclusion, I have more trust in abilities and experiences of professional teachers that I do on my own.