Many people believe that countries should produce food for all population eats and import food as little as possible To what extent do you agree or disagree

Many people believe that countries should produce food for all population eats and import food as little as possible. To what extent do you agree or disagree?

Food play an important role in this world. It is argued that countries should produce food for all the local people and cut down the import food from other countries. In my perspective, I tend to agree with this statement and will elaborate below.

There are certainly some reasons why countries should produce food for the local residents. One of the reasons is that the government to ease the local people financial problems. Due to importing food is usually expensive, people who has limited disposal income generally could not afford. By simply encouraging the manufactures to produce variety of food, inhabitants can enjoy the food that made from their home country and also pay less amount of money for the food.

Apart from this, import food may detrimental to our health. Many young people love eat junk food such as potato chips that imported from other countries. In most cases, individuals often purchase and consume an excessive amount of potato chips in their regular part of lives, therefore health issues become a headache to the government. As a result, the government needs to allocate enormous sum of money to the hospitals and clinics.

However, there are opposing voices. To begin with, the government will receive more income taxes from manufactures business activities. According to the taxation law stipulation, manufactures will need to pay more taxes for importing and exporting food. Therefore, the government definitely is the beneficiary because it is a stable income resource. Also, the government can use the money to improve more public facilities for the local residents.

In conclusion, although I agree that countries should produce food for all the population to consume, importing food is still important to every country because it will increase the economy level of both countries.

Sentence: Food play an important role in this world.
Description: The fragment Food play an is rare
Suggestion: Possible agreement error: Replace play with verb, past tense

is that the government to ease the local people financial problems.
is that the government can ease the local people financial problems.

Due to importing food is usually expensive,
Description: check books how to use 'due to'.

the food that made from their home country
the food that is made from their home country

import food may detrimental to our health.
import food may be detrimental to our health.