In the past buildings often reflected the culture of a society but today all modern buildings look alike and cities throughout the world are becoming more and more similar What do you think is the reason for this and is it a good thing or a bad thing

In the past, buildings often reflected the culture of a society, but today all modern buildings look alike and cities throughout the world are becoming more and more similar. What do you think is the reason for this, and is it a good thing or a bad thing?

Today we live in a world, which is far advanced in terms of technologies and that lead to the development of numerous multi-storey buildings across the globe. As a consequence, the custom of building traditional houses and preserving the old ones to reflect a community’s culture has been lost. In this essay, I will examine the reasons behind the above viewpoints with its pros and cons.

It is an obvious fact that, most countries are identified globally by their cultures and traditions. For instance, some monuments and traditional buildings in many countries are the symbol of their culture and it interprets the peoples’ older way of living. Further, a country like India has the custom of naming a specific area or a city in the name of traditional buildings. Hence, demolition of old fashioned houses for the purpose of modernizing cities would pay the way for cultural devastation. In addition, future generations would have no track on their old culture and this would lead to their identity loss in the global level.

On the other hand, there are lots of merits in the process of adopting the similar style of building techniques for the construction of modern buildings across the world. As the world is getting globalized day-after-day, the rise of highly innovative buildings has become the need of the day. Hence, a lot of developing countries, concentrate more on their infrastructure development which leads to a surge in economic standard. Secondly, numerous multinational corporations would open their business units in countries which has highly developed infrastructures. Owing to the emergence of these companies, many youngsters across the country could get a job of their dreams and it would enhance their lifestyle.

To conclude, I would concede that modernizing buildings throughout the nation, does come with some detrimental impacts to our own culture. However, the benefits created by it far outweigh its disadvantages. Hence, I state that the reasons behind the indistinguishable buildings and cities would be the desire to improve the country’s economy and to enhance the citizens’ lifestyle.

in countries which has highly developed infrastructures.
in countries which have highly developed infrastructures.

Sentence Length SD: 4.815 7.5 //"Sentence Length SD is low" means that the essay contains lots of sentences with the similar length.