Some modern artist receive huge sums of money for the things they create while others struggle to survive Governments should take steps to resolve this unfair situation To what extent do you agree or disagree

It is true that some artists are paid quite well for their efforts, whereas the majority find it difficult to obtain work or to sell their talent. It has been suggested by some that this is unfair and that governments need to take measures to equal the playing field. It is my personal opinion that they have no responsibly here whatsoever.

Imagine if everyone, who worked the same job, earned the same salary. Imagine if governments controlled the labor force and mandated that everyone earn the same amount of money. The notion of this would result in one class of society, and the effects on innovation and growth would come to a stand still. There in fact, would be no creative motivation.

Artist who earn huge amounts of money do so for a reason, they are the best at what they do. The best being subjective, whereas their work simply is more ascetically appealing than others. As a result, they are in demand and that demand comes with it, hefty fees. It is the way the world works and government has no business interfering with free enterprise.

Equally important, if administrative bodies were to somehow ratify that all artists earn the same for their work this would not only destroy the creativity juices of the truly talented, it would instigate a wave of unskilled people claiming to be an artist just for the sake of earnings. A free ride you might call it.

In conclusion, the governments of the world have many more serious problems on their hands than worrying about artists incomes.

Artist who earn huge amounts of money
Artists who earn huge amounts of money