Some people believe that unpaid community service be a compulsory part of high school programs (for example working for a charity, improving the neighborhood or teaching sports to younger children)To what extent do you agree or disagree?

pramodj's picture

In the recent decade, it has been observed that many colleges have started the program of Charity. For instance, recently in the Kolhapur district, there was huge loss of property and their houses, because of pouring. Many colleges have arranged foods and necessary things for these people. This a good example of doing charity. So, by doing this one can get the value of charity and work without expectation. Some people believe that such a service should be mandatory in High school. Here we will discuss the same.

Having said that, by doing this type of program one can understand the pain or problems of the common people in the high school itself. Also, it will help to distribute the knowledge of what they are having. This good habit from high school will be very useful in their further career also. Having a compulsory program of this type, pupils will do some charity without expectation. Their perspective towards societies will change. Needy people will get help and guidance because of this service by students. It is obviously a great opportunity to improve their healths and flexibilities as well as boost their communication skills. Conclusively, unpaid community service brings a lot of benefits for students in terms of enhancing their skills belonging to society.

If we keep this service as optional then most of the student will refuse to take it. They might think, why should we do charity freely? To avoid this type of conflict, it should be mandatory. Nowadays, everyone is trying to earn money to get the desired amenity. But by doing charity one can get the happiness which you cannot get from anywhere.

So, by considering mentioned points, I think it is good to have a compulsory program of unpaid service to society.