Some people think that social skills are as important as academic qualifications To what extent do you agree or disagree

Some people think that social skills are as important as academic qualifications. To what extent do you agree or disagree?

Some individuals believe that social and emotional development is are as important as academic learning in order to be happy and succeed in life. I am convinced that both academic qualifications and social skills are important in modern life.

It is evidently reasonable for some to argue that academic qualifications ensure success in life. Degrees or academic qualifications tell about strength in a particular area. The degree that one earns, which tells how capable they are in that field, is an unannounced rule of both the corporate world and the social world that a man's acquisition of academic qualifications is a giant leap towards opportunities in every walk of life. To be more precise, if ones basic foundation in math, science and languages is strong, he can be successful in life because mastering these subjects allows him to calculate, to innovate and to communicate.

On the other side of the debate though, many individuals argue that social skills are as important as a degree throughout life. Obviously, most worthwhile jobs have a people component and the most lucrative positions often involve a large amount of time spent interacting with employees, media, colleagues, etc. Most organizations are looking for individuals with a particular, unique skill set and the ability to influence people to get things done. Furthermore, getting along with people will open up many personal and career-related doors. Striking up a conversation at a work related conference may lead to a new job offer with a higher salary. It’s also been widely acknowledged that retirees with a large social network have a higher level of happiness during their later years versus depressed and lonely 60-somethings who spend the majority of their free time watching TV with little or no social activities planned.

In conclusion, in my view, people who lack social competence end up looking like they lack other competency in a wide variety of businesses. Thus, not only dedication and study in academic institutions but also social skills are essential elements for workplace success.

Sentence: Obviously, most worthwhile jobs have a people component and the most lucrative positions often involve a large amount of time spent interacting with employees, media, colleagues, etc. Most organizations are looking for individuals with a particular, unique skill set and the ability to influence people to get things done.
Suggestion: Refer to people and component