Some people believe that governments should pay full course fees for students who want to study in universities Do you agree or disagree with this statement Give your own opinion and examples

Whether the government should fully subsidize education or let students pay fees is still up for debate with some people claiming that high education should be completely free. Even though this is a commendable effort every administration should aim at, potential disadvantages should also be taken into consideration. There is no doubt that free education will boost the overall standard of a country by attracting a large number of students to universities; on the other hand, the expenses ensuing this strategy are going to rump up with detrimental effects on the economy if governments do not take firm steps to tackle the problem.

Concerns about educational costs occupy a major role in our society. For far too long, zip code, skin color, and family´s income have determined a student´s education and economic stagnation, inflation, and unemployment have only exacerbated those inequities, igniting even more the debate around the high costs of universities. To avoid that universities remain an exclusive domain for better off families, a considerable piece of society is therefore calling for free education hoping that on this way a considerable number of students can access third grade studies in spite of their incomes. The benefits of free education are theoretically immense: there will be plenty of prepared students in strategical fields such as engineering, physics, medicine, and information technology; in a time where computers, robots, and drones are migrating steadily into daily life a country that can rely on a high number of skilled students has a gigantic edge over other nations.

Despite those incontrovertible benefits,governments should also be aware of the harmful effects of such a policy. Subsidizing universities is yet a remarkable and noble effort but it is also related to astronomical expenses. As a consequence chances are that governments have to cut down on other departments like healthcare, defense, or foreign policy. Furthermore, granting free access to universities for all is quite hardly practicable. Facilities will soon be overcrowded and classrooms will not have enough room to host students resulting in a chaotic atmosphere that would indeed decrease students´ performance. So what are the possible solutions?

A feasible measure would be introducing admission exams. It is a simple and fair procedure with a double positive effect: on one hand, students are urged to strain to enter the college. On the other one, expenses for the governments would be lower, saving thus resources that can be allocated for improving diverse fields. The future of a student should not be influenced by income,origin,or ethnicity. Students should be given equal opportunities and only their own commitment, discipline, efforts, and willingness should be instrumental in shaping their road to success.

Less content wanted.
----------------------------------