Essay topics: Some people think that instead of preventing climate change, we need to find a way to live with it.
To what extent do you agree or disagree?
Perhaps the greatest threat to the world is not the atomic bombs, the regional conflicts, terrorism, an outbreak of population or political instability but the climate change and environmental degradation. If we do not address this greatest danger properly, we will be responsible for our own extinction and I do not believe that we should let it happen by doing nothing about it.
To begin with, the rising temperature, Arctic ice melt, deforestation, uncontrolled industrialization, air pollution and depletion of the ozone layer are all connected and would lead to a single event- the destruction of the world. We have already harmed the environment to a great extent and the time has come for all nations to work together to reduce the environmental damage. The sudden flood in the USA, intense storm in Asian countries, unpredictable droughts in African countries are all resulting from the climate change and this change is occurring rapidly than ever before. If we let this continue, the future would be even more perilous. According to the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change, consequences of climate changes include increased intensity of storms including tropical cyclones, increased risks of drought and, a wetter Asian monsoon, and, possibly, more intense mid-latitude storms. According to a 2001 report, global warming would cause sea levels to rise up to 4 feet by 2100 and many countries including some South Asian countries would suffer greatly from that.
The last thing the human should do to turn a blind eye to this imminent problem and learn to live with it, of course, if we do not want the termination of the human race. There is a lot to do and we should start implementing regional cooperation right now. Every individual should contribute by emitting less fumes and planting as many trees as possible while the use of fossil fuel should be globally prohibited. Industrial countries have more responsibilities as they contribute more to the environmental degradation and an international panel should be formed with giving it a supreme power to make any legislation to kerb the environmental damages.
To conclude, for our own existence in the mother Earth, we should take immediate actions both in individual and international level to check the climate change. Otherwise, we will fail to save our planet.
- My LetterYou are relocating to a new city. write a letter to an agent to arrange a house for you and your family.When and why are you relocating.what kind of house do you want? (61)
- You are organising a trip to the Snowy Mountains in New South Wales for a group of students from Perth in Western Australia.Write to the manager of Student Hostel Services. In your letter, explain:when you want to visit the Snowy Mountainshow long you wil (73)
- You are working for a company. You need to take some time off work and want to ask your manager about this.Write a letter to your manager. In your letter:explain why you want to take time off workgive details of the amount of time you needsuggest how your (78)
- A friend has written a letter to you informing about his or her plan to visit your country/city.Write a letter to him/ her. In your letter, write:what he or she can do in your country/cityadvise him about the place he could stay atsuggest him/her what to (81)
- You are going to visit New Zealand for an 'English and Homestay' program. You have just received details of your homestay host family. (78)
- ou recently bought a piece of equipment for your kitchen but it did not work. You phoned the shop but no action was taken.Write a letter to the shop manager. In your letter:describe the problem with the equipmentexplain what happened when you phoned the s (78)
- For the past year, you have been a member of a local club. Now you want to discontinue your membership.Write a letter to the club secretary. In your letterstate what type of membership you have and how you have paid for thisgive details on how you have be (73)
- You have bought a new mobile phone and in a few days of purchase, it has stopped working. You have spoken to the company representative a week ago but it has still not been repaired. (78)
- You have had a bank account for a few years. Recently you received a letter from the bank stating that your account is $240 overdrawn and that you will be charged $70 which will be taken directly from your account. You know that this information is incorr (73)
- A friend has agreed to look after your house and pet while you are on holiday. Write a letter to your friend.In your letter:give contact details for when you are awaygive instructions on how to care for your petdescribe other household duties (73)