75 Today people cannot buy products based on information in the advertisements because advertisements are less honest than before Agree or disagree

75. Today people cannot buy products based on information in the advertisements because advertisements are less honest than before. Agree or disagree?

Advertisements play important roles in introducing the latest products publicly. Controversy surrounds the issue of whether nowadays, people purchase their items based on the honest information provided by advertising, or they have no trust in advertisements to choose their products. Some people are of the opinion that advertisers in order to earn huge profit have been trying to deceive people to buy products with low-quality products. I believe, however, since today's advertisers provide people with accurate information when showing their products, people can rely on their information for some reasons.

One of the most interesting aspect of the current discussion which needs a keen contemplation is that imposing regulation on advertisements hampers advertisers from offering people misleading information. Many watchdog bodies have been appointed by governments to monitor whether managers of advertising industries follow recent approved law or not. If they have not pursued, they will have to pay for huge amount of punishment which might be more than profit that they earned by their dishonest performance. Moreover, under the government's supervision, they will be allowed to apply limited strategies. For example, when they show a cleaner floating in air to capture customer's attention to show how effective the cleaner is, they are required to employ obvious exaggeration enabling people to recognize the fact from magic, which results in making wise decision about distinguishing reality form exaggerated qualities.

Another noteworthy of the ongoing discussion which demands to be reflected is that offering wrong information means losing their reputation by transferring previous customers' comments through the social networks such as Facebook and Twitter throughout the world. As soon as advertisements cheat on information related to their products, this negative news will be spread widely, contributing such questionable reputation for them. In this case, people will have no trust in any kind of other products of that brand. This brings them nothing just spoiling their recognition. They know that it would be beneficial for them to earn less profit rather than be broken.

To sum up, todays' people are knowledgeable and well-informed enough to understand wrong and right information. Advertisements in order to encourage people to buy their products have attempt to give people useful and valid information which are controlled by governments and social networks.