Compare and contrast the advantages of city living and country living Defend your preference

Compare and contrast the advantages of city living and country living. Defend your preference.

Sometimes deciding where to live is very difficult because living either in a city or in countryside both have some advantages and disadvantages. I personally prefer to live in a quiet and calm country house instead of a city.

To begin with, the peace of rural areas is incomparable with urban places. Sound pollution, due to car engine noises or horn tooting, is one of the city major problems. Instead, I may enjoy birds singing delightfully or breeze whistling gently while passing through trees at the country. In addition, the weather is much cleaner than cities because the emissions from car exhaust or pipes of the big factories have not added toxic ingredients to air.

Secondly, in the country the land for construction is much more available than in cities and finding a suitable place to live is not like a rat race. Therefore, the expense of accommodation is reasonable in the country. Although, high-rise buildings with luxury apartments are alluring for some people, I prefer to have a family house with a small garden so that I can grow vegetables.

In comparison, it is undeniable that living in a city usually provides people with better jobs and higher incomes as well as various entertainments. However, it is not necessary to live there in order to exploit these opportunities. Many people who work in cities have home out of them. I also prefer to have a profitable occupation in the city while relaxing at my country condo after work. Moreover, the new transportation facilities have shortened the distances between rural and urban areas. Thus, the city entertainments are not so far away for a person living in the countryside.

To come to a conclusion I shall indicate that living in a city may be luxurious, lustrous, and funny and people may have better chance to make a profitable career comparing to the country life. However, living outside a city is much healthier and more peaceful. Since easy transportation has facilitated access to the cities, I prefer to enjoy living in the country.