Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? High schools should allow students to study the courses that students want to study. Use specific reasons and examples to support your opinion.

High schools are very important parts of our lives. High schools are where we spent four years of our lives so they should be preparing us for the next step of our lives. I am sure that some people suggest that students should study the courses that they want to. Some people disagree. In my opinion high schools should have a uniform structure regardless of students' will for two major reasons.

First, uniform structure of high school allows students to study same subjects. If students study what they like they will choose different courses which will eventually make it hard to compete in a homogenous situation. In other words, students who study mathematics, chemistry, and physics will be competing to attend best colleges under same condition. However, if a group of students choose only math and physics and the other group choose only chemsitry, it would be really hard to quantify and analyze their grades and determine who is a better students. I remember when I was in high school I had so many courses that I was not interested like religion studies and physics. However, I struggled studying all of those yours courses and did my best. In my home country, Iran, students are supposed to take university entrance exam, Konkoor, and pass it on order to be admitted to universities. During Konkoor students are given four hours to compete on 10 subjects. I eventully managed to master in all of those 10 subject and passed my exam. If high schools in Iran had the option of choosing your favorite courses, teachers and graders would have difficulties in determining who can attend which colleges.

Second, not allowing students to pick their courses provide the opportunity for them to learn more. Many students prefer not to take math. I belive math plays a very crucial role in our lives. We need to learn how to use for even the most simple shopping experiences like buying coffee from Starbucks to the most important shopping experience of us like buying a math. This means without math we will not be successful. Knowing this fact, many students are not interested in math, they would have had a really hard life if math was optional at high schools. My best friend, Maryam, never worked well on her math and she used to skip her math classes. This cost her a lot because she made bad financial decisions in her life. She bought a 14000$ Toyota Camry for 24000$ because she was not able to easily calculate the interest.

To sum up, students should not be study only the courses they want not only will that help them compete under same condition but also they will have the opportunity to learn the subjects they do not like. I think all of the high schools should make students to take same courses.

Sentence: If students study what they like they will choose different courses which will eventually make it hard to compete in a homogenous situation.
Error: homogenous Suggestion: homogeneous

Sentence: However, if a group of students choose only math and physics and the other group choose only chemsitry, it would be really hard to quantify and analyze their grades and determine who is a better students.
Error: chemsitry Suggestion: chemistry

Sentence: I eventully managed to master in all of those 10 subject and passed my exam.
Error: eventully Suggestion: eventually

Sentence: I belive math plays a very crucial role in our lives.
Error: belive Suggestion: believe

We are expecting:

remove those big examples.

---------------------