Question: Should governments spend more money on improving roads and highways, or should governments spend more money on improving public transportation (buses, trains, subways)? Why? Use specific reasons and details to develop your essay.

Transportation is the most important part of our day. Without transportation we cannot get to our workplace and be productive. Governments are responsible to invest money to improve roads and public transportation. But, it has always been a matter of debate that where they should spend more money? Even though some believe that improving roads is crucial, some disagree. In my view, governments should spend more money on improving public transportation for two key reasons.

First, public transportation protects the environment. These days every family owns an average of three cars in Texas. Cars produce a toxic gas as a result of combustion. So, more cars can cause more air polution. For instance, I remember when I was five years old, my parents took me to Seoul, South Korea. Seoul has an astonishing public transportation. The air was so clean and it was easier to breathe compared to the city I used to live, Tabriz, Iran. In Tabriz, public transportation system is very poor. Every one drives his/hers personal vehicle to work. So, all of the schools get closed several times a year because of heavy air polution.

Second, good public transportation decreases traffic. Sitting in traffic not only wastes our precious time that could have been spent with our family, but it also does increase the rate of accidents. More collisions increases traffic load and worsen the traffic problem. For example, where I currently live, Dallas, TX, the public transportation is terrible. The government of Texas spends more money on making more TexPress roads-TexPress roads are tollways that are convenient to take, but they are so expensive. As the time goes by, more people take tollways. The result is not pleasant at all because these days we witness traffic in tollways as well. And, accidents in those roads are even worse because they allow drivers to driver with higher speed. As you can see making more roads did not solve the traffic issue. If Texas government had spent more money on developing public transportation such as subways we did not have to deal with traffic on daily basis.

In conclusion, improving public transportation should be a number one priority for every government. The air polution and traffic can be managed easier with public transportation. We should all work together to draw the governments' attention toward investing more money in our public transportation.

Sitting in traffic not only wastes our precious time that could have been spent with our family, but it also does increase the rate of accidents.
Description: 'Not only...but also' is not used properly. can you re-write this sentence?

Sentence: So, more cars can cause more air polution.
Error: polution Suggestion: No alternate word

Sentence: So, all of the schools get closed several times a year because of heavy air polution.

Sentence: The air polution and traffic can be managed easier with public transportation.