Do you agree or disagree with the following statement A teachers ability to relate well with students is more important than excellent knowledge of the subject being taught Use specific reasons and examples to support your opinion

It is known that learning process is a crucial aspect of everybody as a student. It is a complex process that can be even harder if a non-friendly environment is present in the classroom, not only between colleagues but also between the professor and the students. Therefore, I agree with the given statement that a good relationship with students and their teacher surpasses the excellency of knowledge requirements.

The teaching and learning process is influenced by several factors that may enhance or impair it. A great knowledge skill is important in order to deliver to students the more accurate and precise information. Hence, this may enhance the learning process. For instance, everybody looks for an educational institution that has an outstanding faculty, with their curriculum with an impressive research and didactic experience. These accomplishments prove faculty knowledge excellence. Students believe that professor´s knowledge will be well transmitted to them, because they are inspired by their tutor´s history and experience in the field.

However, teacher´s inability to relate well with students may diminish their ability to learn. This is because a non-friendly environment and hard relationships could create a blockage that impairs students to communicate efficiently, concentrate in the study field and even can lead to anxiety or depression. For example, if a student, that had a propension to mental illnesses, fell that the professor is against him just because they do not have an open communication, this student may give up the class subject or may present anxiety symptoms.

To sum up, I agree with the given statement that suitable relationship between students and professors overshadow the importance of knowledge. This is because the relationship can impair the learning process even if a great knowledge about the field is present.