Home >> Independent Toefl Writing Essays

Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Television, newspapers, magazines, and other media pay too much attention to the personal lives of famous people such as public figures and celebrities. Use specific reasons and details to explain you

wellington025's picture

diums of information have changed their purposes. Some years ago, they considered to inform as the most important aspect of their publications, but this has taken another direction in the last years. Many people think that this is due to technology development and the transformation of people's cultures around the world. I believe that mediums of communication focus to much on famous people's lives rather than educational topics to help users.

First of all, newspapers were created to inform people, but know they prefer to write articles based on famous people achievements such as singers. For instance, a few weeks ago I was searching news in the local newspaper. I thought that I could find the gasoline's prices in the first sheet, but it wasn't. Instead, newspaper's writers attempted to spot a picture related with Justin Beeber and his actual problems with the justice of the United States. I was surprised, And by that moment I understood that people have changed their minds because they care more about famous' lives than the situation of their countries. This taught me that ''news'' are being interpreted in a different way.

Another note worthy aspect related with this topic is that medium makes more money when they focus on famous people. As a matter of fact, money is the based of everything. In deep, my friend who is a reporter at the local news told me that TV, magazines, and newspapers columns have been adapted in order to encourage and bring new users. In other words, he said that mediums of communication have made people to loose interest and no longer worry about news and educational topics, rather they choose clothes and fake topics.

To sum up, I don't hesitate to say that nowadays mediums of communication only care about money. They disregard daily news, and only focus on clothes and famous people. Nevertheless, If this situation doesn't change, future generations will be people who will live in a world of fantasy and they won't have a sense or reality.

Your rating: None Average: 7 (1 vote)