Home >> .

The government can take a variety of actions to help protect the environment. Which one of the following do you think is the most important for the nation’s government to take to protect the environment?1-Fund research to develop environmentally friendl

Mohammed AlKhars's picture

Governments have changed a lot in last a few years and trying to protect the environment by asking the population to choose between Fun research, preserve natural places, or enforce laws to prevent pollution. Personally, I believe that governments should apply laws to prevent the pollution of the atmosphere by large companies. I feel this way for three reasons, which I will explore in the following essay.

Forcing companies to use green energy will eliminate pollution. Recently, some governments start to increase the taxes for the companies who use traditional energy. Also, distribute awards for green companies. These decrease the use for the traditional energy but does not eliminate. This is because the companies can pay taxes because their profit can cover that. Therefore, governments must move forward to implement laws to force companies to use solar energy, advanced filters, and protect the environment.

In addition, if governments force companies to prevent pollution, the companies will find a way to be better. They will hire environmental engineering to solve the issue. They will buy the new technology and fund the research. This will create competition between companies. Consequently, our lovely earth will be green and healthy. A good compelling example is my country, Saudi Arabia. Last year, the crown prince implemented laws for vision 2030 to protect the environment from the oil companies pollution. Last week in the news, I saw that there are five companies turned totally green because they want to be in the save side from now.

Frankly speaking, it is difficult to enforce laws for big companies. This is mainly because usually big companies control governments. However, if some countries take the lead to implement some laws, other countries will do the same. For instance, in the Gulf area, if Dubai starts to do a new thing, other gulfs countries will do the same. As a result, we will protect our environment.

All in all, I strongly believe that governments need to enforce the law to decrease pollution. This is because it will eventually decrease the pollution for the long term. Also, it will create competition between companies to do better.