Important qualities of a good supervisor

When asked about what are the most important qualities of a good supervisor, different people hold different perspectives, depending on their different experiences. Some people may consider that a good supervisor must have specific studies in the management field in order to lead a team efficiently or to be an intransigent person when it comes about making a decision. After pondering this question on many occasions, I sum up three important qualities that a good supervisor should possess.

In my understanding, the most essential quality of a good leader is that he or she must be proficient in his or her working field. A good leader must be the first person in the team who knows the workflow and to fix every issue that might come up in the working process. A good supervisor must have the best knowledge above all. For instance, in our company, my supervisor is considered very capable and he is very appreciated by his subordinates due to the fact that he constantly improves his knowledge theoretically and practically. As we work in a chemistry laboratory, he helped us to apply a revolutionary method of detecting water impurities. As such, the company saved money and time and all of us were reimbursed with incentives.

Secondly, a person could be considered a good leader if he or she possess communication skills. The duty of a boss is to give instructions and directions to his or her employees. If the purpose is not clearly understood by the subordinates , they might feel they lose the sense of what must be done and as such, the team would not work efficiently. Moreover, the workflow might be delayed. For example, our leader not only would explain us in simple steps what we should do, but he permanently instill in our mind the idea that we are the best team in the company and we will succeed if we would stay focused on the task and if we would follow his directions properly.

The last but not the least important feature of a good supervisor is that he or she should praises or criticizes in a straightforward way. If an employee has done a notable work, the supervisor should praises and encourages him or her to work in the same manner or even better next time. On the contrary, if the employee do a mistake, the boss should analyze the ways he or she might improve the work. Furthermore, a good supervisor would never talk behind his subordinates and he will always treat them with respect. For instance, last week, a mistake was made in our laboratory, in the process of detecting hard metals in some water samples. Our leader was very honest with us and told us that it was a miscalculation problem. He did not pointed out any name, even if he knew who did the mistake, but he gave us some indications about how to remedy the situation and where to pay attention , in such way that next time we would do better work.

To summarize, it is safe to assume that a good supervisor should be proficient in his or her field, should have good communication skills and he should be honest and respectful with his employees.

Sentence: The last but not the least important feature of a good supervisor is that he or she should praises or criticizes in a straightforward way.
Description: A modal auxillary is not usually followed by a noun, plural, common
Suggestion: Refer to should and praises

Sentence: If an employee has done a notable work, the supervisor should praises and encourages him or her to work in the same manner or even better next time.
Suggestion: Refer to should and praises

Duplicate words or sentences. Look: